Monday, August 25, 2014

Pearls & Pumps Fashion Show

Disclosure: I'm posting this crazy late, but I had the article written and forgot to post it.  I had a string of unfortunate events occur during the months of March-June so I went on a blog writing hiatus.  Nonetheless, here's my post on the Pearls & Pumps Fashion Show: 

This past Saturday I attended the Pearls & Pumps Fashion Show at the Olmsted with my mother-in-law, Tammy, and my sister-in-law, Lauren.  The event is hosted by the Baptist Health Foundation, and the proceeds support Women's Cancer Research.  It's a fun event to help kick off the upcoming Derby Season.  Numerous of my favorite local shops were present with booths to allow for some shopping before the show started.  I browsed Moss Hill, Cellar Door Chocolates, and J. McLauglin's before finding a cute swimsuit cover-up at Two Chicks & Company.

After shopping we purchased raffle tickets hoping to win a day at the spa, a family fun day package, and most desirably, a trip to Colorado or Florida. Then, we grabbed some hors devours and our seat for the show.  The show featured four different looks that the crowd voted on.  The looks were: Derby Brunch, The Gala: A Night on the Town, At the Track, and Barbeque with Friends.  The following boutiques featured a look in each category: Boutique Serendipity, Clodhoppers, Drinks at the Plaza (Derby hats), Merci Boutique, The Carlisle Collection, JB & Me, Rodeo Drive Boutique, Von Maur, and Monkee's of Louisville.

Here were some of my favorite looks:





The above looks were both from Monkee's of Louisville.  In my opinion they showcased the best looks.  I unfortunately didn't take pictures at the show so I had to rely on their website for pictures.  I love the two looks above.  The first was in the "Derby Brunch" category, and the second look was for "Barbeque with Friends".  The model rocked a yellow Derby hat to complete the first look.  The second look used the sash to make the dress have a neck tie collar instead of using it to cinch the dress at the waist.  I personally liked the way the model wore the look better than the mannequin.  It gave the dress more detail at the top turning it into more of a shift dress since it wasn't cinched at the waist.  Monkee's also had a yellow dress coat featured in the show, but I was unable to find a picture on their website.  It had a bow at the top and 3/4 sleeves making it perfect for Spring.  I would have left the fashion show, and gone directly to their boutique to shop if my Louisville Cardinals weren't playing in round 2 of the NCAA tournament.

The gown below won my vote for "The Gala: A Night on the Town" look.  It's a Terani gown that can be purchased at Von Maur.  It was pretty from the front, but watching the model turn to walk back down the runaway grabbed everyone's attention with the embellished back.

Here's a couple other looks from the fashion show:








It was a fun event, supporting a great cause.  If you didn't make it out this year make sure to put it on your calendar for next year.

Pictured below (from left to right) Tammy Faust (mother-in-law), me, and Lauren Popham (sister-in-law):



 Yours Truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment