Thursday, September 4, 2014

Summer Cookout

This Saturday we attended a cookout to help kick-off the long holiday weekend.  I love Labor Day weekend because we get an extra day, and it allows us to see more of our family and friends.   What did you do to celebrate this weekend?











Look: Top: Talbots (similar here), Jeans: Ann Taylor Loft (similar here), Heels: Steve Madden (old), Purse: Kate Landry (old) Earrings: Francesa's.

I brought one of my favorite summer casseroles to the cookout.  I'm a vegetarian so I always like to bring something I know I can enjoy.  It also helps that it's very easy to make. Here's the recipe for my Summer Vegetable Casserole: 

Ingredients:

- 2 large squash 
- 2 large zucchini 
- 1 large onion 
- 3 medium tomatoes 
- butter 
- 1 pkg. of shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
- salt and pepper to taste 

Directions: 

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees 
- Slice all veggies and start layering them in your casserole dish 
-Use a little butter in between the layers  and add salt and pepper
- Once you've added your last layer of vegetables cover the casserole using the pkg. of cheese. 
- Place in the oven and cook for one hour 
- Allow it to cool a little before serving 
- Enjoy!



 Yours Truly,

No comments:

Post a Comment