Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rompin' Around

As I sit at home sick, and after spending numerous hours vacuuming and doing laundry due to yesterday's discovery that my dog picked up fleas while on vacay I'm choosing to take a break to reflect on the happier times at the beach.  It has definitely been back to reality for me!  Anyways, I picked up the romper featured below from Forever 21 before I left.  I had searched for a long sleeve romper for months, and was pleasantly surprised to find one I liked at Forever 21 for only $27.80.

The pictures below are pretty blurry. I may need to invest in a real camera soon to capture better photos. The good ole iphone pics just don't quite cut it.



My sister and Mandy gifted me this adorable monogrammed clutch from Mandy's Aunt's shop, The Prickly Peach Boutique & Gifts, located in Cadiz, KY.



I picked up these wedges from Off Broadway before Derby a few years ago.



A closeup shot of my Kentucky necklace given to me by my best friend, Kate, as a thank you for planning her bachelorette weekend.





Look: Floral Romper: Forever 21 (similar here and here), Necklaces: Chartreuse (visit their Facebook page here), Wedges: Charles David (old), Clutch: The Prickly Peach Boutique & Gifts (visit their Facebook page here). 

Scroll down to see pictures from my trip to Destin, FL. We vacationed in Destin with my husband, Ryan's, side of the family. I must say back to back trips from Hilton Head, SC to Florida were fun!


I love Destin's white sand beaches, and clear blue water.



The picture perfect post office in Seaside, FL.


Food trucks line the lawn area featured in the center of town.


Bud & Alley's is the restaurant we chose for lunch because we were trying to beat the heat. The restaurant sits right on the water.

If you are vacationing in Destin, Seaside is a great day trip destination.  It was about a 45 minute drive along the beautiful Highway 30A.  The town is full of great shopping, dining, and there are picturesque views everywhere you look.  You can rent bikes, get ice cream, and stroll the neighborhood streets taking in all the charm.  All the buildings are pastel colors, and if you think it looks like a town out of a movie, it is!  Seaside is the town where they filmed the Truman Show featuring Jim Carrey.

What are your favorite beach towns? Have you vacationed along Highway 30A?

Yours Truly,

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm going to have to get some more ideas from you on where to eat and shop in Destin- that's where we are going next summer�� We usually go to Gulf Shores/ Orange Beach Ala.
    So sorry about the fleas and poor Chapman�� Make sure you treat the house and the yard to get rid of all the fleas and eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! I would highly recommend a making a day trip to Seaside. My favorite restaurants in Destin are Crab Trap, La Famiglia (Italian- I would suggest the Haborwalk location because that's a fun area to walk around), Boshamps, and Marina Cafe. There are lots of shops at Destin Commons and the Silver Sands outlet mall.

    ReplyDelete