Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stacking Jewelry: Arm Candy Edition


I put together an inspiration board for stacking jewelry after receiving a request from a viewer asking for tips. In the viewers words, they needed help figuring out how to wear multiple pieces of necklaces and bracelets "without looking like Mr. T" and without breaking the bank. I decided to do two articles: one with arm candy ideas, inspirations, and suggestions and one for the necklaces.

First, I'm always willing to invest money in a good watch.  A watch is typically the main attraction in my arm candy collection.  The watches I wear most often are the boyfriend style so that's usually my widest piece.  I compliment it with skinnier pieces. If I'm not wearing a watch I usually pair one wider bracelet with thinner, daintier pieces.

Second: The accompanying bracelets.  I tend to spend less money on bracelets. If you are looking for inexpensive places to buy jewelry I would suggest Versona, Target, or check out the junior department at Von Maur (they have surprisingly cute, on trend jewelry, at very reasonable prices).  I tend to steer away from buying jewelry at H&M or Forever 21 because in my opinion the cheap prices also come with a cheap product, and you may end up with jewelry that changes color, or leaves you green.

If you're looking for more versatility, for $19 a month you can sign-up for RocksBox.They'll have you fill out a survey to better understand your style and then they will loan you a box of jewelry to keep as long as you'd like.  When you're ready for new pieces you mail it back, and they send you a new set.

Brands such as Bourbon & Boweties and Alex and Ani also sell great stack-able jewelry (see images below).

 Image Source: Alex and Ani


 Image Source: Bourbon & Boweties

Here's some of the arm candy I've been rocking:

Tip for Mixing Metals: This Brighton bangle also works well with my gold watch. Since the ends are gold it pulls everything together nicely.

Look 1 (left to right): Bracelet 1: Brighton (here), Bracelet 2: Gift from my husband, Watch: Fossil (similar here). 





Look 2 (left to right): Bracelet 1: Cindy Borders (view website here), Bracelet 2: Target (old), Watch: Fossil (old). 


 Look 3 (left to right): Bracelet 1: Von Maur (old), Watch: Michael Kors (here), Bracelet 2: Kate Spade (old).

 
 Look 2 (left to right): Bracelet 1: Cindy Borders (view website here), Bracelet 2: Dandelion (gift- view their website here), Watch: Anne Klein (their current tortoise shell watch here). 
 
Here's some more of my favorite jewelry designers:

-Loren Hope
-Kendra Scott
-David Yurman
-Wrenn Jewelry

Where do you love to shop for jewelry? I'm always interested to hear about new designers and shops.

Stay tuned for my next article on stacking necklaces.

Yours Truly,

2 comments: