Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Work & Play

My Office Look of the Day: 


My Parade Look:

 


Pictured below: My niece 

 

Some of the festive parade fashion I spotted:




Work Look: Jacket: Express Jacket (old, similar here), Top: J. Crew Polka Dot Blouse (old, similar here), Skirt: J. Crew Pencil Skirt (old, similar here), Pumps: Ralph Lauren (old, similar here),Watch: Michael Kors Round Watch, Golden, Necklace: Versona.

Parade Look: Blazer: Loft Sweater Blazer, Blouse: New York & Company (old, similar here), Jeans: Joe's Jeans (similar here), Leopard Scarf: Target (old, similar here) Shoes: Banana Republic Tassel Flats (old, similar here), Purse: Banana Republic Quilted Satchel (old, similar here), Watch: Michael Kors Round Watch, Golden, Sunglasses: Kenneth Cole Reaction (old, similar here). 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Today's post shows how you can wear green for work and play.  For work I paired a green pencil skirt with a black polka dot top, and then I finished it off with a white jacket.  The look is professional, and doesn't scream St. Patty's Day.  I like to be festive, but I didn't want to be too obvious about it.

This weekend I went to the local St. Patrick's Day parade on Bardstown Rd.  It's always one of my favorites events because they shut down the street to celebrate, and the people watching is AMAZING!  You see people in kilts, green tutus, suspenders, leprechaun hats, etc.  The floats all have different themes, and they toss candy and beads into the crowd as they pass.  Since I'm from a city that's filled with die hard college basketball fans (UL or UK) this year there was also a lot of red and blue in the crowds of people since both teams were playing.  Thankfully both local teams won so everyone was happy and celebrating. 

For the parade I wore a kelly green blazer with a white blouse and jeans.  I kept it casual and added a leopard scarf to compliment the look.  Most importantly I wore flats to keep comfortable.  Parking is always a challenge on Bardstown Rd., and when you have 50,000+ people in attendance it only makes it worse.  Knowing I'd have to walk a lot I opted for a comfortable (and cute) pair of flats.

What did you do to celebrate?  Do you have any fun St. Patrick's Day traditions? 

Yours Truly, 

2 comments:

  1. browse this site h8m52v9t61 louis vuitton replica replica bags in london replica bags wholesale hong kong replica gucci bags p8w35j2v58 replica bags in delhi check it out x2w29q5t84 louis vuitton fake replica bags louis vuitton

    ReplyDelete